The Farmers’ Market at Sandpoint does not have an official dog policy, but we are located in a City of Sandpoint Park and therefore city ordinance is in effect: “Dogs, even on leash, are not permitted on interior pathways or grass (inside the park) but are permitted on the exterior perimeter as this space is a street right of way.”
Vendors are not allowed to have or keep a dog in their space during market hours.
There is a lot of discussion on ‘dogs in the park’ during Market. We understand both sides of the story. PLEASE be considerate of other patrons and vendors farm and food products if you bring your dogs to market.
If your dog is a nuisance of any kind, we will kindly ask you to take it off of the grass area. If it persists, we will call, and you will be given a citation. We truly appreciate the cooperation of all dog owners and patrons.
Please further consider:
- Dogs should be kept on a short, non-expandable lead.
- Keep your dog under control and by your side at all times.
- Keep dogs away (both head and tail ends!) from produce,
plants and other food products.
- Your dog must be sociable to people and other dogs to be at the market.
- Not everyone is a dog lover, so please be considerate.
- Please come prepared to clean up after your dog.